E1: 07Y: Employee's W-2 Is Missing Special Handing for Box 12
(Doc ID 2638874.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne US Payroll - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
W-2's are missing Special Handing.
The W-2 Summaries were showing out of balance for the Special Handing, so while the xml files are fine, the employee's W-2 copies are missing Special Handing.
The issue is that F07832 WCN is not populating a next number.
This is happening when an employee has a residence tax area in a non-taxing state such as Washington (48) and has history for work tax in a taxing state such as CA, MN, WI, OR, Box 12 is not being special handled.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup an employee who’s National/Fiscal Data has 48 for Residence and Work Tax Area
2. Review history and make sure that they have Tax Type F for a Taxing State.
3. Review PDBA History, make sure you have a DBA that you can special handle to Box 12.
4. Go to Year End Workbench and Special Handle the DBA to Box 12 for your Year End ID.
5. Run The Workfile Build – R078301.
6. Review the Employee’s Online W2. Notice Box 12 is not populated.
7. If you review the F07832 you will see that the WCN W2 Control number is not populated.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document