E1: 45: Enhancement for Price Adjustments not to Process Backorder Lines
(Doc ID 2647110.1)
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Advanced Pricing - Sales - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer is adding a Free Goods line (additional charge) based on quantity levels.
- Quantity 0 to 49,999 gets added at 4 X 500 = 2,000
- Quantity 50,000 to 99,999 gets added at 4 x 250 = 1,000
- User enters order for 55,000. Adjustment pulls in free goods line at 4 x 250 = 1,000 which is correct.
- Line gets split at ship/confirm and 30,000 ship, the balance of 25,000 go on backorder.
- The backordered line of 25,000 ship later on a different shipment and get invoiced.
- The price update runs before invoice and is set to Update price based on Original Quantity.
- A new free goods line is added but price is based on the original quantity.
But the customer doesn't want the free goods line because it was already added and billed on the original line.
Note: if R42950 processing option 4 on Display table to a value of "1" - Do not update free goods, the new free good line is not added, but the problem is there might be other lines on the orders where free goods might need to be recalculated for other adjustments. It would be helpful in the adjustment setting a field that indicated to no process on backorders, as at this time the risk exists of getting other pricing wrong if not updating the free goods for other adjustments on the same schedule.
The request is for the possibility of enhancing the adjustment definition with an option not to process backorder lines that can allow customers to choose whether to process backorder lines or not.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document