E1: 41: Enhancement Request to Create Cost Variance When Using Inventory Transfer(P4113) and Setup Sales/Inventory Cost = 06
(Doc ID 2648476.1)
Last updated on MARCH 17, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Inventory Foundation - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If using the cost setup for an item as follow Sales/Inventory cost = 06(Lot), when the user runs Inventory Transfer P4113 from a lot of this item, the <To Branch/Plant > cost is updated with the <From Branch/Plant > cost and the system does not record the cost variance in <To Branch/Plant >.
Steps to replicate :
- Setup the cost (P4105) for the item 20033 and the branch 30 as follow : Sales Inventory = 06(Lot), Unit cost = 150 and Purchasing = 01, Unit cost = 150.
- Setup the cost (P4105) for the same item but in the branch M30 as follow : Sales Inventory = 06(Lot), Unit cost = 40 and Purchasing = 07, Unit cost = 150.
- Add stock quantity for this item in Branch/Plant 30, lot LOT-20033 and also in Branch/Plant M30, lot LOT-20033.
- Transfer inventory P4113 "From Branch/Plant" 30, lot LOT20033 , "To Branch/Plant " M30.
- The cost has changed in the "To Branch/Plant" M30 from 40 to 150, similar like the cost "From Branch/Plant " 30. Also , the cost variance did not create in the Item Ledger P4111 for "To Branch/Plant " M30. If cost changed in "To Branch/Plant " M30 then the system has to create a cost variance record in "To Branch/Plant " M30. If the cost variance is not created it occurs an integrity issue when it is running R41544 Item Balance\Ledger Integrity.
The customer requests that the system has to record the cost variance automatically when it is using Sales/Inventory cost = 06(Lot) setup. Also, P4113 should not update the F4105 cost in To Branch plant. Only it should create variance in To Branch Plant for cost difference based on DMAAI setup .
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document