E1: SOLEXP: Special Character in Task Name Renders as Garbage Characters in Application Form Header When Right Click on Menu Task to Open Task in New Window
(Doc ID 2652067.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 10, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On tools release 188.8.131.52, when a Task Name contains a special character such as dash/hyphen '-', parenthesis '()' or forward slash '/', and a User right-clicks on the menu task and selects Open in New Window, the special character is rendered as garbage characters in the application Form Header.
NOTE: Issue occurs only when a User right-clicks on a Task and selects Open in New Window regardless of Preference Setting - Open Application in New Window.
Steps to Duplicate:
- Fastpath to P9000, find and select 2/G01 in TaskID
- Change Task Name from "Word Search" to "Word - Search"
- In Server Manager goto JDBj Database Caches, clear Menu Cache
- Sign into E1. Navigate to EnterpriseOne Menus > Foundation Systems > Address Book > Daily Processing > Word - Search
- Right-click on Word - Search, select Open in New Window.
Update to tools release 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document