E1: 42: Record Reservation Issue With Multiple Record Selection in W4210E Customer Service Inquiry
(Doc ID 2654694.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Entry - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using Customer Service Inquiry W4210E to inquire and select multiple sales orders header first, the last sales order selected does not release the record reservation and does not return to the inquiry screen from the order detail. This causes update UBEs called by P4210, such as the reprice UBE R42750, to fail and issue a record reservation error 113C-Reserved by XXX to be issued to the work center.
The issue can be replicated at will using the following steps:
1. Set Processing options for P4210 version as follows: On 7-Process tab, set field 3. Display Header or Detail to 1, to call Order header revision when select or add buttons are clicked.
2. Use Customer Service Inquiry P4210|W4210E) and inquire on and select 2 or more existing orders.
3. Click OK and the order header is displayed for the first order.
4. Click OK on the order header and the order detail will be displayed for the first order.
5. Click OK on the order detail and the order header will be displayed for the second order.
6. Click OK on the order header and the order detail will be displayed for the second order.
7. Click OK on the order detail for the second order and this will incorrectly take the user back to the order header which retains the record reservation. The system should have taken the user back to the customer service inquiry form and not back to the order header. On the procurement side, Open Order Inquiry W4310G takes the user back to the inquiry screen. W4210E should do the same and be consistent with W4310G.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document