E1: 31B: P31B87 - Create Operation BOL With Lot Created on the Fly Does not Capture Cost for Inventory Cost Level 3 Item
(Doc ID 2656417.1)
Last updated on JULY 13, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Blend Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Updating an existing REC Operation with adding a Lot Number on the Fly (non-existing lot) does Not Capture Cost when Item is Lot Level 3, which is defined in the Item Master for the Inventory Cost Level.
The issue is because the BOL does not create Location/Lot and/or Cost until the Operation is Closed resulting in Lot Material Cost not on Operation
The issue can be reproduced at will using the following steps:
- Check Material Status being used
- Verify the Item Number associated with the Material Status
- Go to the Item Master, makes sure the Inventory Cost Level = 3
- Create a BOL (RECV) Operation
- Check the Lot Cost for the Operation
- Go into the BOL Details and add a Lot Number on the Fly (Non-existing)
- Save and Close through the warnings
- Go back to your Lot Cost for the Operation
- See that you Lost and did NOT capture Cost
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document