E1: 76B: Sales Order Entry Displays Twice the Regional Information Header and Detail Forms (P4210BR) When Warning Message is Generated During the Addition of New Order (P4210)
(Doc ID 2668970.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Brazilian Regional Information Header and Details (P4210BR) entry forms are displayed twice, in edit mode both times, during the creation of a new Sales Order, if a warning message is generated during the entry process.
The steps to duplicate this symptom are as follows:
1. Add a Sales Order that will generate a warning message at the SO detail. For purposes of this test, we have created a brand new item with zero inventory, to cause the Order Quantity Exceeds whats Available warning.
2. Click Add in P4210, enter required information such as Customer / Branch Plant / Item Number and Qty. click OK and warning message is displayed the form, highlighting the quantity ordered field. Press OK
3. User lands in SO Brazilian Information Header form (P4210BR). Enter 511 Transaction Nature. Click OK
4. The SO Brazilian Information Detail form is displayed, confirmed transaction nature 511. Click OK
5. User is taken to SO Header -Sales Order Detail Revision (P4210/W4210A). Click ok to complete the new SO entry process
6. At this point it is expected for system to complete the process and return to SO header (P4210/W4210G) form. Instead, P4210BR-SO BR information header is displayed again. For test purposes change the transaction nature to 512, to
demonstrate that editing/update mode is allowed in this same form previously displayed and populated, click ok
7. For the second time user is taken to SO Brazilian Information Detail, change transaction nature to 512 too.Click OK
8. This time form (P4210/W4210G) is called
9. Back in inquiry form call the recently created SO number and navigate through the SO header and detail of P4210BR forms
10. Observe that the header has retained the transaction nature = 512 typed over during the second display, however, the BR Detail form has kept the first entered Transaction Nature 511, creating data mismatch and confirming that besides looping between forms, data is not saved as expected during this process in all the tables /forms involved.
Note: Run a second test after adjusting inventory for same item, in this way no warning for missing quantity will be displayed during the new order creation. This time the process is correctly followed with P4210BR Header and
Detail forms displayed only once and user landing in form (P4210/W4210G) as expected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document