E1: 49: With Insufficient Inventory for Kit Components During Ship Confirm P4205 the System Generates only a Warning 'Quantity Exceeds Available' (2716)
(Doc ID 2671958.1)
Last updated on JULY 03, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Ship Confirm P4205 generates warning "Quantity for kits with insufficient inventory for components. Inventory does exist in other locations but ship confirm defaults the primary location due to the sales order being uncommitted at this point.
The expectation is to get a hard error to stop the user from processing the order
Steps to Duplicate
- Create a Kit with one component
- Add two secondaries to the existing primary location
- Add inventory to each secondary with enough inventory to cover the sales order quantity of 10
- Create a sales order for the Kit but do not commit inventory
- The order will stay as shippable to the primary location
- Set the processing options in ship confirm
Display tab 2=1, 4=1, 5=1 and =1
Edits tab 1=1, 2=1 and 3=1
Process tab 4=1
- Inquire on the sales order in ship confirm which defaults the primary location
- System generates warning 2716 instead of a hard error to stop users from continuing
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document