E1: 42: Error 0267 (Item Number Invalid) is Generated by the System When Manually Populating an Asterisk Followed by the Catalog Number Retrieved from the Clipboard (Notepad)
(Doc ID 2672494.1)
Last updated on MAY 21, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In 9.0 when manually populating the item number field in sales order entry with an asterisks (*) followed by the catalog number from the clipboard the system retrieves the 2nd item number after tabbing down but in 9.2 the asterisks is deleted and the catalog number remains with an error stating that the item number is invalid. This is based on the setup for item number in the branch plant constants.
Item Number Invalid (0267)
STEPS TO DUPLICATE:
- Create an item with the 2nd item number different than the third item number (catalog number)
- The branch plant constants is setup as normal with the 2nd item number as the item number used. The third item number is setup with an asterisks to be used to retrieve the 2nd item number
- Copy the catalog number to the clipboard by itself
- Enter a sales order and manually populate the item number field with an asterisks followed by copying the catalog number from the clipboard
- The System generates error 0267 (item number invalid) as it clears the asterisks and leaves the catalog number without retrieving the 2nd item number
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document