E1: 34: PMPN Planning Ignores Past Due Supply Orders Resulting in Excess Order Messages to Replenish Inventory (R3483)
(Doc ID 2673400.1)
Last updated on JULY 30, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When either PMPN past due supply or past due demand orders exist, R3483 Plans Incorrectly. Planning ignores the past due PMPN supply orders and does not generate correct messages against them.
Requirements, therefore, are met with either net new PLO (O order or B order and expedite) messages or with action messages against future dated supply to meet the requirement satisfied by the past due orders. This is incorrect.
When all the supply orders are future dated, not past due, then the messages are correct.
1. Setup fresh planning data items for Multi-plant PMPN planning, such as M Stock Type, Ln Ty = S, OPC = 1 - Lot for Lot, Planning Code = 1 - Planned by MPS or DRP, Planning Fence Rule = C - Customer Demand; Maximum Reorder Quantity > 0.
2. P3002/P3003 - Create BOM / Routing for the PMPN manufactured item
3. P3403T - Define a branch relationship by PMPN item between supply B/P and demand B/P
Test Case 1: Multiple Past Due and Multiple Future orders for expedite.
1. Enter past due SO demand in the demand plant, matching past due transfer placing a requirement in the supply plant for 4 or more supply orders at order maximum quantity.
2. Enter two past due supply orders at order max quantity for possible defer. Enter the two remaining orders to match the demand, but in a future date bucket, for expedite.
3. Run MRP where processing option # 3, Project Planning is set to 2 - include PMPN Planning
4. Review time series and messages. The past due orders get expedite and the future orders get cancel messages, when expedite of the future orders is expected.
Test 2: Multiple Expedite and Defer.
5. Set demand plant SO and Transfer order dates to future dates, such as to drive defer of past due orders and expedite of future supply orders.
6. Run R3483 using the same processing options and same data selection as above in step 3.
7. Review Time series and messages. The system triggers 4 expedite messages against all 4 supply WO's. This is incorrect, as expect mix of defer (past due) and expedite(future) messages.
Test 3 Multiple Defer.
8. Set demand plant Sales order and transfer order to far future date, such as to defer both past due supply and future dated supply to the far future dates.
9. Run R3483 using the same processing options and same data selection as above in step 3.
10. Review time series and messages. The system triggers 2 expedite messages against only the future dated supply WO's. This is incorrect, as expect defer messages of both past due and future orders. The past due orders should be actioned ahead of the future dated orders, not ignored.
Test 4. Expedite and Defer with No Past Due Supply.
When all PMPN supply (e.g. WOs) and demand (e.g. SO, OT) orders are set to future dates, such as to both defer and expedite supply orders, the system triggers both defer and expedite messages or only expedite messages against all supply WO's correctly.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!