E1: 34: MRP Cancels Firm Purchase Order for Period of Supply, Order Policy Code (OPC4) items and creates Net New Planned Order (R3483)
(Doc ID 2680696.1)
Last updated on JUNE 17, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a Period of Supply (POS) item in a multiplant supply chain has a supply plant on hand inventory available for transfer and has AVLC=1 set in the branch relationship record, with supply plant on hand, planning suggests a transfer order and net new PLO purchase order ahead of an existing firm purchase order, which gets a cancel message.
Firm Supply order gets cancel following PLO messages for OT and OR.
1. Create a purchased (component) item in a supply chain that is Order Policy 4, Period of Supply (POS) item.
2. Create item specific branch relationship record, AVLC=1, with supply plant on hand.
3. Enter a series of demand dates and quantities, as appropriate, such as Parent BOM item forecasts, for example. All within the OPV period days.
4. Enter a firm supply order in current or future period, not frozen, not past due, not inside freeze fence, allowing action messages D, E, G, or C, possibly even setting date and quantity such as to force a D and G message, for example.
5. Run R3483 and review time series and messages. Firm Order gets a cancel message, using end of the planning horizon dates, not the actual order dates. This is incorrect. A firm order should be used ahead of a net new PLO.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!