E1: 42: In Sales Order Entry (P4210) Availability is Incorrectly Created when Changing the Request Date to a Date Outside the Inventory Commit Days While Creating the Sales Order
(Doc ID 2684748.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 10, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Availability is being created when changing the Request date to be outside the Inventory Commit days. When creating a sales order in P42101 if you let the request date default in to today's date and then go back either via the header of the order or on the detail line and change the requested date to be outside the inventory commit days setup in the Branch constants i.e. 7 days, this creates availability in the F41021 instead of putting the quantity into the Future Commit column. This then allows orders to allocate when there is in fact no stock available.
The item availability should be accurate when revising dates in the order entry application
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Activate inventory commitment preference in the P4210 processing options.
2. Setup inventory commitment preference for the item
3. Create an order within the commitment days for an item without availability.
4. Before saving the order, review the availability.
5. Go back into the order and change the date to a future date, outside the commitment days
6. Review availability, note the availability is incorrect.
7. Save the order. The availability is incorrect.
8. Run Repost to correct the order.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document