E1: 07Y: 2020 US Payroll Year-End Tax Reporting Changes for 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC ESU for Testing Purpose
(Doc ID 2691129.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 24, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne US Payroll - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Accounts Payable - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Starting with the 2020 US Payroll Year-End reporting, Nonemployee Compensation is no longer reported on the 1099-MISC form - box 7. Instead, it is reported on form 1099-NEC (Nonemployee Compensation).
In addition, the 2020 1099-MISC form layout has changed with several boxes being in different positions.
More information on the changes can be found in document: E1: 07Y: 2020 US Payroll Year End Tax Reporting Changes for 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC (Doc ID 2692560.1)
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is offering clients who are on release 9.2 the opportunity to test the upcoming changes in advance by applying an ESU.
It is important to note the following:
- The ESU is for test purposes only and should therefore only be deployed in a test environment. It should not be applied or promoted to production.
- This ESU is not a replacement for the annual US Payroll Year-End ESU. It will still be necessary to install the annual US Payroll Year-End ESU, which is scheduled for release fall 2020, to obtain the full functionality for this year.
- The ESU overrides the 2019 1099 code for the objects that are included.
- The ESU is only a partial solution for US Payroll year-end processing and is limited to paper filing to suppliers functionality.
- Please note that the electronic filing solution is not included in the ESU.
2. How to download the 2020 US Payroll Year End ESU for testing
To obtain this ESU for release 9.2, you must log a Service Request (SR) and include the following information:
Problem Summary: US Payroll 1099 2020 ESU for Testing
- Enter “Request US Payroll 1099 2020 ESU for testing purposes for release EnterpriseOne 9.2”
- Please note that the ESU will be made available to the My Oracle Support (MOS) User ID of the person who logs the SR. If the email address in the SR is not the email address of your MOS User ID or of the person who will download the ESU, please update the Alternate Contact Email Address in the SR with the correct information. In this case, please indicate in the SR Description that access to the ESU should be provided to the alternate contact.
Product: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Payroll
Once the SR has been received and processed, you will be provided with a link to download the ESU.
Should you have any questions or experience any issues after downloading this ESU, please log a new SR with “US Payroll Year-End ESU for testing purposes” in the summary field.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|2. How to download the 2020 US Payroll Year End ESU for testing|