E1:05: P050002A Pay Types PO#3 Loss Functionality For EXR Explanation Field After Bug 29862702
(Doc ID 2693204.1)
Last updated on APRIL 21, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne HCM Foundation - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After applying an ESU that contain bug 29862702 - F061161 REMARK FIELD NOT UPDATED WHEN RECORD IS CHANGED IN P051121, there is a loss of functionality with Processing Option #3 under the pay type tab in the P0500002A is set to zero. Prior to the ESUs, when selecting 1 for PO #3 (under the pay type tab), the pay type description would auto-populate in the explanation (EXR) field and it could be overwritten with a new explanation if needed. Now, this field can no longer be overwritten. Oracles solution is to change the PO #3 to 0, which leaves this field blank and is editable. However, if nothing is written in the field when the transaction is posted, the pay type description is blank in timecard history F0618 thus it displays a blank value in the pay type description in the One View Pay History Detail Inquiry (P071862) as well as any other application that uses the F0618 table.
1. Put the functionality for PO#3 pay types when setting to 1 back the way it was, which loads the description as well as able to edit the pay type description.
2. Or if it is not feasible to revert the functionality to the way it was due to the issue reported in bug 29862702 then to come up with a new option/value in PO#3 to do the same as the value of 1 previously behave.
Steps to duplicate:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. IV to P050002A, select the pay types tab, and locate PO#3. Change the value to zero(0)
2. FP to P051121, enter two timecards for the same employee. The first timecard, override the explanation field and the second time does not override. Save both timecards.
3. data browser over the F06116. Make note of the EXR description field and see that one timecard has a value and the other is blank.
4. FP to P07210, run the payroll for this employee all the way thru the final update.
5. Data browser over the F0618 timecards file. Confirmed the blank value is displayed for the timecards that didn’t have a value override.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document