E1: 34: MRP (R3483) Planning for Defer and Cancel for Order Policy Code '4 - Periods of Supply' Item Results in Shortage
(Doc ID 2693613.1)
Last updated on JULY 23, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a period of supply item supply order, at an order maximum quantity, is deferred to a future date bucket, but is short of requirements, there is a shortfall in that date bucket.
1. Create fresh planning data for a Order Policy Code 4, Period of Supply(POS) item, with an order maximum value below expected requirements.
2. Enter sales orders for at least 2 different future dates, in excess (2x) of supply order maximum order quantity.
3. Enter multiple supply orders (3x) each for a past due date and for at least 2 different future dates from the sales demand dates entered previously, so as to generate D defer or E expedite messages of one or more of the multiples, in combination with another action message, such as a PLO (short), or a cancel (excess), or a G increase (order not yet at max). Given that L decrease is inhibited for OPC4 POS items, by design.
4. Run MRP R3483 and review messages. Note that the defer + PLO scenario does a defer, but no PLO as expected, causing a shortage. Instead, one or more of the required multiple orders gets a cancel. This is incorrect.
5. Review the future date2 orders, and the shortage is not corrected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!