E1: 42: Sales Order Header Attachments Not Copied as per Processing Options but Attachment Exist Pin Icon is Displaying on Copied Order Generating Confusion
(Doc ID 2694156.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 28, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Sales Order Header Attachments are not Copied but the Attachment paperclip icon is displaying on Copied Order.
While copying the sales order with header attachment, the copied order shows "Order header has attachments" attachment paperclip, though the attachments are not copied.
Attachments are not copying as per P4210 version setup on the PO 4.Copy Associate Text processing option (BLANK) but the Paperclip icon is displayed, creating confusion.
- P42101 - copy sales order 117
- Notice the paperclip is displayed in the header section - even if the option was set not to copy the attachments.
- Click on the paperclip - notice is it empty and then it goes away.
- Inquire on the copied order - the paperclip is still there with nothing against the paperclip.
- Every time you open that sales order you see the paperclip but there is no attachment against it.
Users are confused.
- P42101 - Copy again sales order 117
- Notice the paperclip is displayed in the header section - no sales order number attached
- User click on the attachment - there is no attachment displayed.
- User adds an attachment - this gets saved against the BLANK sales order number in the F00165/F00166 tables - Wrong.
- Save - sales order number gets generated.
- Inquire on the sales order - no attachment is displayed because the attachment added by the user was for the BLANK sales order number.
Again, the user is confused because they think they added an attachment - but in fact it wasn't saved.
Check BLANK sales order number records get created in F00165 - Media Object Storage and F00166 - Media Object categories.
The attachment paperclip not to be displayed on the copied sales order when the P4210 - processing option 4 on the Duplication tab is set to BLANK - not to copy attachments.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document