E1: 31: R31410 No Longer Throws Error 31OP Item Number Exceeds Max Length On PDF Or WC For Outsid Op (R31410 / P3161)
(Doc ID 2694343.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 20, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Shop Floor Control - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
R31410 No Longer throws Error ID: 31OP - Item Number Exceeds Max Length on PDF or in Work Center when doing outside operations and parent Item exceeds 20 characters i.e.21 to 25
Steps To Duplicate:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a parent item 25 characters long in Item Master, Item Branch, and P4105 Item Cost
2. Create a P3002 BOM for the Parent Item. Note BOM can have any purchased component on it. In this test point purchased item to operation 20.
3. Create a P3003 Routing for the Parent Item with two operations 10 and 20 where 10 will be setup for outside operation. Make sure operation 10 has Supplier = i.e. 4343, Cost Type = D1, PO (Y/N) = Y, and both operations 10 and 20 Time Basis = U. It should be noted that in my opinion the P3003 should throw the Error ID: 31OP right here when Item number is equal more than 20 and PO (Y/N) = Y i.e. this setup should not be allowed.
4. Go to menu G3111/ P48013 and create a WO for the parent item Qty of 10
5. Go to menu G3111 / R31410 and create a version of R31410 Order Processing. Make sure the below processing options are setup Process Tab: Option 1 = 3 and Option 2 = 1. Routing Tab: Option 2 = OP and Option 3 = X
6. Data select on the work order number just created, and run R31410 to attempt to attach the part list and routing while also creating the Outside Operation *Op Item Number i.e. 7242012345678910ABCD12345*OP10 in item Master and Item Branch, and create the PO.
7. In 9.1 the R31410 will simply ends in error with no error on the PDF’s or in the Work Center. The WO also gets Locked in the P00095 Business Object Reservations. However in 9.2 the R31410 completes and on the 31415 PDF it states *NO PO. The Part List and Routing are attached to the WO however P3112 Routing says NO PO in the Related Order field. If you attempt to delete the P3112 Routing a bogus hard Error Row has an associated Purchase Order is given.
8. Check the WC. In the Work Center it shows a bogus Blanks Invalid Error.
9. We know the reason that the R31410 failed to create the *OP item and not create a PO. It’s because we don’t support Parent Items over 20 characters long when using outside operations See KM Doc ID 627264.1 under Error ID: 31OP - Item Number Exceeds Max Length.
10. This is because the Max Length in Item Master and Item Branch is 25, and based on how the R31410 and P3161 are designed they will attempt to create a *op item that points to the corresponding operation sequence in this case OP10. i.e. 7242012345678910ABCD12345*OP10 adding the *OP10 at the end makes the item number 30 characters long. Nevertheless the issue is in past releases the R31410 would throw error message ID: 31OP - Item Number Exceeds Max Length on the PDF or in the Work Center letting the users know why it failed to create the *OP item and PO.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document