E1: SEC: With Long Usernames Enabled, Unable To See All Users From Search/Select In P95921
(Doc ID 2699461.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After enabling long usernames in EnterpriseOne, you are unable to see all users from search/select in P95921
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Enable and set up long user IDs, according to the steps below in Ch 10 of the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Security Administration Guide.
Once you have finished enabling long user IDs and setting some of them up, any search and select in P95921 shows only users that have a long username mapping present, not all users.
STEPS TO SET UP LONG USER IDS IN ENTERPRISEONE
The Long User feature in EnterpriseOne enables users to sign-in to EnterpriseOne with long user IDs. This setting enables EnterpriseOne systems that require credentials to accept long user IDs. You can create long user IDs before or after you enable the Long User feature.
Once enabled, the Long User feature cannot be disabled. However, if you enable the Long User setting and you decide to not create long user IDs, EnterpriseOne will still accept short user IDs for sign-in credentials.
To enable the Long User feature:
1. Access P0092L.
2. On Work With User/Role Profiles (P0092L), select the Form menu, Enable Long User.
3. On Enable Long User Feature, select the Long User ID check box if it is not already selected, and then click the Submit button.
4. In the confirmation dialog box, click Yes to continue.
5. Access Server Manager and restart the EnterpriseOne Enterprise Server and the EnterpriseOne HTML Server for the changes to take effect.
10.3 Setting Up Long User IDs
In P0092L, you add a new long user ID to an existing user profile that contains only a short user ID. You can do this one-by-one for each user as needed.
You can also use the P95LUMIG application to associate multiple short user IDs to new long user IDs in bulk. See Associating Short User IDs to New Long User IDs in Bulk for more information.
Because P0092L contains all of the same features and functionality as P0092, you can also set up new user profiles in this application. Remember that a long user ID cannot exist in EnterpriseOne independently. It must be associated with a short user ID. Therefore, new records in P0092L must contain both a short user ID and a long user ID.
To associate an existing short user ID to a new long user ID:
1. Access P0092L.
2. On Work With User/Role Profiles (P0092L), select the Form menu, Add Long User ID.
3. On Add Long User ID, in the User ID field, enter the short user ID or click the search button in the field to locate the short user ID.
4. In the User Name field, enter a new long user ID to associate with the short user ID.
5. Click OK.
6. To verify that the new long user ID was created, on Work With User/Profiles, enter the short user ID in the User ID field and click the Find button.
7. EnterpriseOne displays the user profile record with the short user ID in the User ID column and the new long user ID in the User Name column.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document