E1: 04: P0411 Fails To Create Prepayment Foreign Voucher When Deleting the Default Tax Information From The Positive Line
(Doc ID 2701384.1)
Last updated on MAY 18, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Accounts Payable - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using P0411 with version ZJDE0009 Prepayment Voucher Entry, the system fails to create foreign prepayment voucher, if deleting the tax information from the positive line of the voucher. As a consequence, batch numbers are getting lost, are being wasted.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to P04012 Supplier Master set up, and set a supplier as follows:
- under tab Vouchers set the Default code (CRRP) different than the A/B Amount code (CRCA), and different than the base code (CRCD) of the company to be used for testing
- under tab Tax Information set the default tax explanation code and Tax Rate/Area
2. Go to P4008 and double-check the tax rate/area assigned to supplier has a zero tax rate percentage (blank tax percentage).
3. Go to IV interactive versions and double-check on the P0411 version ZJDE0009 Prepayment Voucher Entry, on the Processing Options value set under tab 9-Prepayments.
4. Go to P0411 version ZJDE0009, click on Add to enter a new voucher for the supplier and company.
Enter the voucher information into the header, enter the Gross Amount (Foreign Gross Amount) and the G/L Bank Account on the first line of the voucher, then click on the next row for the system to update the first row with the tax information based on the tax information set on the Supplier Master.
Then go back to the first row from the grid, delete all the tax related information, click again on the second row from the grid for a refresh, and then try to save the voucher transaction.
While doing that, notice the batch number is still displaying, but the Doc Number is blank on the header of the form.
5. After clicking on OK and exiting the form, notice it launched a new form for editing a new voucher, and on it the Batch Number is assigned, but there is no Prev Doc number.
6. Click on Cancel button to cancel editing a new voucher in the same batch, then notice on returning to the P0411 Supplier Ledger (inquiry form), that the Batch Number field is blank on the header of the Supplier Ledger form, even that field should have shown the previous Batch Number.
That means the V batch was not created, and no records were generated in F0011 and F0411 tables.
7. Go to P0011 to double-check on the previous Batch Number, and notice no batch information was created with the previously assigned V batch number.
8. Go to Next Numbers to the System 00 Foundation Environment, check on the value of the Batch Number field and notice the system has advanced the value of that field.
That means that due to the previously described process the batch numbers are getting lost, are wasted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document