E1: GRID: Double Quotes Added to Format of Empty Fields with Export to .CSV
(Doc ID 2708124.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 21, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When exporting grid data into a .CSV file in 8.12 (8.98) release. a field that is not populated accurately displays nothing between the two commas (e.g. ,,) when viewed via notepad.
When exporting grid data into a .CSV file in 9.2 (Tools Release 18.104.22.168) release, a field that is not populated incorrectly displays " " (double quotation marks) between the two commas when viewed via notepad.
The double quotation marks should not be there.
1. Access the application (e.g. P4108)
2. Perform query to identify records to export
3. Select Export Grid Data
4. On the Export Assistant screen, select Export to .CSV and leave the default of UTF-8 as the File character encoding value.
5. Select Continue to save the output
6. Open with Notepad to confirm formatting for fields that contain no data include double quotation marks.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document