E1: 51: R51800/R51444 Does Not Create the Correct Journal Entries when Run Twice in the Same Period Under Different Scenarios
(Doc ID 2708896.1)
Last updated on JUNE 29, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Project Costing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running the R51800 Multiple Times (R51800, R51444, Post JE, No Changes to the AA ledger, R51800, R51444, Post JE, No Changes to the AA ledger.......) for the SAME period the R51800 creates incorrect journal entries.
1. Create a Job (P51006)
2. Add accounts to the job (P510121)
3. Create a Journal Entries (P0911)
4. Post to GA (R09801)
5. JSI- Job Status Inquiry (P512000)
6. Run the R51800
7. Review F5144 - Profit Recognition
8. Review F5145 - Profit Recognition Account Balance
9. Review R51444 Create Journal Entries for Profit Recognition
10. Review the Journal Entry the 1st time
11. Post the Journal Entries to General Accounting (R09801)
12. Run the R51800 using the same processing options. No Changes to the Actuals. SAME period.
13. Run the R51444 using the same processing options. No Changes to the Actuals.
The system is not correct if it moves the cost/revenue to the Income Statement multiple times when there are no additional amounts added to the actuals.
Build Profit Recognition Records - N5100009
Before the Fix, the system would update the F5144 file each time the R51800 was run when no additional amounts are added.
After the Fix, the system will only update the F5144 file when changes are made to the actual amounts.
Another issue with this correction: Bug 31893321 - BUG 31693558 DIDN'T CORRECT THE ISSUE WHEN THE MONTH IS MOVED TO THE NEXT MONTH
When the R51800 and R51444 are run for a period and posted to General Accounting, and then the date pattern is changed to the NEXT period without ANY additions, and the R51800 and R51444 are run again the system created the correct journal entries and doesn't move the amounts from the Balance Sheet down to the Income Statement again. HOWEVER, if it is run AGAIN for the same period (R51800/R51444) without any additions the system will create the original JE from the first time it was run.
1. Create a Job.
2. Add accounts to the job:
3. Create a Journal Entry.
4. Post to General Accounting.
5. Review JSI-Job Status Inquiry (P512000).
6. Run the R51800-Profit Recognition for July
7. Review F5144- Profit Recognition
8. Review F5145 - Profit Recognition Account Balance
9. Run the R51444 - Create Journal Entries for July.
10. July Journal Entries 1st Time.
11. Post the Journal Entries to General Accounting for July
12. Change the Date Pattern to August of 2020: Clear Cache if Necessary
13. Run the R51800 - Profit Recognition for August-No Changes to the AA ledger or any other Changes. -1st time ok
14. Try and Create Journal Entries for August
15. Post the Journal Entries to General Accounting for August.
16. Run the R51800 - Profit Recognition for August- No Changes to the AA ledger or any other changes-2nd Time- Not OK.
17. Run the R51444 - Create Journal Entries using the same processing options. No Changes to the Actuals.
18. Journal Entries are created again even though there haven't been additions.
The system should never create new Journal Entries if new additions haven't been added no matter how many times the R51800 and R51444 are run and no matter what periods it is run in.
Possible Work around: Only run the R51800 on Jobs that have changes made to them. This is hard to determine when running lots of jobs.
The above issue has been corrected. Please apply the Bug 31893321 - BUG 31693558 DIDN'T CORRECT THE ISSUE WHEN THE MONTH IS MOVED TO THE NEXT MONTH
See Bug 32484862 - R51444 CREATES INCORRECT JES WHEN R51800 RUNS 2ND TIME IN THE SAME PERIOD and test by downloading ESU JN18969.
See Bug 32765900 - RUN R51800 TWICE IN THE SAME PERIOD AT THE PROJECT LEVEL W/ ONLY ONE JOB ASSIGNED TO PROJECT AND NO OTHER CHILD JOBS ASSIGNED TO THE PROJECT and IS AAIs are pointing the a single account number has been corrected by applying all the other bugs that have been entered to address this issue. This bug was corrected by applying Bug 32567692 - CEPY/REPY BLANK FOR CHILD JOB AFTER RUNNING PROFIT REC AND JOURNAL ENTRIES
Once code current thru Bug 32567692 the following issues should be corrected:
1. Voiding an entry in the same month and getting the system to update the R51800 and R51444 correctly.
2. Being able to run the R51800/R51444 more than once in a month.
3. Running the R51800 and R51444 where a job rolls up to the project and is the only job in the project where the R51800 and R51444 is run more than once in a month.
This issue of running the R51800 more than once has been an issue for awhile. We are having a hard time testing ALL the setup scenarios as customers are running the R51800 with the following ways:
1. Jobs kept on the Balance Sheet/Income Statement/Combinations.
2. The IS and BS AAIs are setup very differently between companies. Some simple, some very complex.
3. The R51800 run by the job/projects/run by jobs that are really projects with NO child jobs underneath them.
Please make sure and TEST this correction in the test environment before running it in production. If there is a slightly different scenario that can be duplicated please open up a new Service Request to Address this issue and include the code for the N5100009 and detailed steps on how to duplicate your issue.
Check BUG 33642899 - R51800 CREATES INCORRECT JOURNAL ENTRY WHEN RUN SECOND TIME IN THE SAME PERIOD. When R51800(Profit Recognition) is executed second time in the same period for the scenario when the actual revenue is not changed (only revenue budget is revised), over/under billing journal entries are created incorrectly
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document