E1: GRID: Windows Development Client / Fat Client Crashes If Export Assistant is Cancelled After the Invoking Form is Closed
(Doc ID 2709299.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If we invoke export assistant from a grid of any child form of an application on a windows development client and we close the child form before cancelling export assistant, then the fat client will crash as soon as we press cancel on export assistant. We can replicate this issue using any application which has a child form with grid.
For example, we can observe a crash if we follow steps:
- Open P9220 - Vocabulary Overrides from fast path.
- Find any interactive application , e.g. P01012 and click on select button after highlighting the row to open Interactive Vocabulary Override form.
- On the next form :-Interactive Vocabulary Override , right click on Grid and select Export >Microsoft Excel to open export assistant.
- Leave Export Assistant as it is and cancel the Interactive Vocabulary Override form.
- Now press Cancel on Export Assistant .
Notice the JDE application ( ActivConsole.exe ) crashes and disappears.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document