E1: 07: R078500 941 FFCRA Lines 5A AND 5A(I) Wrong for EES with Section 125 Ded/0 Txble
(Doc ID 2709333.1)
Last updated on APRIL 29, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne US Payroll - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
R078500 941 FFCRA lines 5a and 5a(i) are wrong for EEs with Section 125 deductions / Zero Taxable. 5a is understated so tax does not match what was withheld for the Quarter. 5a (i) is wrong if an employee has zero taxable wages due to Section 125 Deductions. For example, if Pay is $300 Regular and $100 FFCRA and Section 125 DBAs = $325, Tax D will be $75 (300+100-325) Taxable however
Tax E will be zero (300+100-325-100=-25 but JDE does not go negative so = zero) taxable. The full $100 FFCRA should not be recorded for credit being only $75 was available to shelter. When the full $100 is claimed, step 5a is then understated by $25 and that amount x 0.62 does not equal what was withheld.
1. Setup test employee with blank Tax Method and State = 24.
2. Pay $1000 Gross with no exclusions and process through payroll so you have a starting point for a positive R078500 941.
3. In Interim, add time cards as noted in description with one being FFCRA Tax E Exempt. Add an OTO to one Tax Sheltered 125 noted above. Calculate and verify Taxable as noted above. Summary-Add $300 regular pay, Add $100 FFCRA and Add $325 to Section 125 deduction.
4. Merge interim into payroll and finalize.
5. Review tax detail and note the second check after 1,000 initial regular pay did not write to Federal E.
6. Run R078500 941 and note 5a(i) matches FFCRA but not what was actually available to credit and 5a is understated so tax does not match what was withheld for the Quarter.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document