E1: 42: No Error or Warning for Use-Up Item on Returned Materials Authorization (RMA) Where Service/Warranty Record Exists
(Doc ID 2709370.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 11, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Case Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The RMA process, for stock returns, with an associated OM Purchase order, does not issue any error or warning for an item with Obsolete or Use-Up stocking type. Additionally, the item set to U Stocking type is NOT included on the RMA order.
- Identify or add an item that has Stocking Type U (Use Up) that has availability in a particular branch. Also ensure that the item branch record has at least one value populated under the Service/Warranty tab (e.g. 'Returnable' checkbox and/or Product Family/Model etc). Raise a purchase order for the item and observe that the error relating to an obsolete item is correctly issued.
- Raise a sales order for the item, observe that no error related to the Obsolete/Use Up status is given (correct).
- Use the P17500 program to add a Case, then under the Related Actions tab, select the RMA action (RMA options should be set to create 'CRR' Disposition).
- Use the Sales Ledger exit to locate the order created in step 2. Return the order by clicking the Close button.
- In the RMA Revisions form, note that no error is issued to indicate that the item is Obsolete/Use Up stocking type. Additionally, the 'Purchase Order number for Receipt' field is empty, indicating that no purchase order will be generated once the RMA is created. An error is expected and needed: where an order has tens or hundreds of lines, locating the Use-Up item(s) is time-consuming.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document