E1: 07: Accrual DBA Not Using Group Plan Override Rate as Expected with HP Table Method
(Doc ID 2711626.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne US Payroll - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Accrual DBAs set up for a Paid Time off calculation based on hours worked does not use accrual rate from Group Plan instructions when employee meets Union and Job Type/Step criteria in conjunction with HP calculation table method.
Criteria is that an employee must work 1,600 hours before they can begin to accrue PTO. After the 1,600 hour threshold is met there are two rates of accrual based on the employees job type/step. If the employee has a certain job type (any step) they earn at a rate of .04 hours for every hour worked. All other job types (any step) earn at a rate of .02 hours.
1. Set up Employee with Certain Union and Job Type/Step.
2. Set up first accrual DBA to capture all hours worked for purpose oftesting if the 1600 hours have been met.
3. Set up a second accrual DBA which tests for the 1600 eligibility threshold.
4. Set up a third accrual DBA to calculate the PTO Accrual at the .02 rate.
5. Calculation table are based on HP table method.
6. Group Plan DBA set up to override the .02 accrual rate with .04 rate for applicable or specific union/Job Type/Job Step.
7. Add an Interim with enough hours to put the employee over the thresholdand review DBA detail for results.
8. Note that DBA calculates from the DBA not the Group Plan DBA setup/instructions: The third DBA is calculating at the .02 rate (80 X .02 = 1.60) and not the .04 rate (should be 80 X .04 = 3.2) .
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document