E1: 41: Inventory Transfer (P4113) Updates 08 Cost Method in Destination Branch for Actual Cost Item
(Doc ID 2712301.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 04, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Inventory Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Items that use the Actual Cost functionality (M Stocking Type and 02 Cost Method, for example) have the 08 ‘Purchasing Base Cost’ cost value updated in the TO Destination (Branch or location) when an Inventory Transfer is performed. The 08 cost in the FROM branch remains blank.
- Locate or configure an M-Stocking type item, and set the inventory cost /sales price /purchase price level all at level 3.
- Create Item Branch records for 2 branches for the item added in Step 1.
- Add a 02 and 08 Cost Method for one of the branches (to be used as the FROM branch in an Inventory transfer). Populate the 02 Cost Method but do NOT populate the 08 method. For the TO branch, do not add any P4105 records at all. It is also possible to add Cost Methods 03, 05 etc at this point, and populate one of these.
- Adjust inventory into the FROM branch.
- Perform an Inventory Transfer (P4113) between the 2 branches. Observe that in the TO Branch, cost records are created, taking the 02 Cost value, for all methods defined in the source branch, including 08, 05, etc.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document