E1: 12: Work With Unposted Entries (P12102) Is Adding Additional Ledgers To F1202 Asset Structure Previously Defined On P1202 Depreciation Information
(Doc ID 2715296.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 23, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Fixed Assets - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using P12102 Work With Unposted Entries to post from G/L to Fixed Assets the asset cost amount, then additional ledgers are added to the F1202 asset structure that was previously defined on P1202 Depreciation Information. The request is that no additional ledgers to be added to the specific Asset Depreciation Information structure, when using P12102 to post the asset cost from G/L to FA, in addition to those ledgers previously set for the asset on P1202 Depreciation Information.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to P1204 Work With Assets and click on Add to access P1201 Asset Master revisions for adding a new asset.
2. Go to P12002 Work With Depreciation Defaults to check on the default set-up for the company and asset cost, including the ledgers setup.
3. Go to P1204 Work With Assets, select the asset and right click to select P1202 Depreciation Information, keep only the ledger AA on the asset depreciation information and delete the rest of the ledgers coming from P12002 Work With Depreciation Defaults.
4. Go to P0911 and enter a Journal Entry on the ledger AA and using the asset cost account and enter also the Asset Number on that journal entry line.
5. Go to P0011 Work with Batches to Post the G batch first to G/L (R09801).
6. Then go to P12102 Work With Unposted Entries to Post the G batch to Fixed Assets, do enter the Batch Number on the header of the form for locating the batch in the grid, then go to Row exit and select the Post option, to post the G/L transaction to Fixed assets.
7. Go to P1202 Asset Depreciation Information to check on the Depreciation Information for the asset and notice that the P12002 default ledgers have been added to the F1202 asset structure, in addition to the AA ledger previously defined, that was previously defined
on P1202 Depreciation Information, due to posting asset cost based on the ledgers Transaction Creation code.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document