E1: GRID: ActiveX OFF Date Column is Rendered as Text in Databrowser "Grid Export to Excel" File Opened in Excel
(Doc ID 2716892.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 18, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With ActiveX Off Grid Export to Excel from :
Data type of DATE is declared as "String" in XML element, <Data ss:Type="String">09/21/2016</Data>.
When file opened in Excel date display is correct but Excel does not treat the value as a date causing issue in Excel templates with embedded formulas.
Data type of DATE is declared as "DateTime" in XML element, <Data ss:Type="DateTime">2016-09-21</Data>.
It is treated as Date in embedded formulas in Excel.
Steps to reproduce
1. Launch E1 using Firefox or Google.
2. Fastpath P4210 click Find, Grid Export to Excel, Save and rename file to P4210.xls.
3. Databrowser Table F4211, click Find, Grid Export to Excel, save and rename file to F4211.xls.
4. Open P4210.xls, F4211.xls in Excel.
Note the year in the date in first row cell in "Request Date" column.
Also Date is right-justified in P4210.xls, left-justified in F4211.xls.
5. Open P4210.xls, F4211.xls in Notepad/Notepad++.
6. Search for the year identified in step #4.
7. In F4211.xls Type is "String". In P4210.xls Type is "DateTime".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document