E1: 05/07: ESS Time Entry Sick Pay Type With Hours Limit Set Up Issues Hard Error "Hours Exceed Limit" When Limit Has Not Been Reached
(Doc ID 2718513.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 24, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne US Payroll - Version 9.2 and later
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Employee Self-Service - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to enter a timecard for a pay type that has an hours limit setup and the limit has not been reached, the system issues a hard error "hours exceed limit" thus user/employee can't proceed with the timecard entry.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. P059116-PDBA setup. Create a pay type and set the hours limit to 80 hours and set the edit flag field to 1-hard error.
2. Employee enters time using pay type from step 1 for 40 hours via P051125-self service director /P051127-Employee Daily Time Entry. Manger/supervisor approve the timecard.
3. Run UBE R05116Z1I- Time Entry Batch Processor in final mode so that the timecard will be created in the F06116 but ensure that the existing timecards in the F06116Z1 table show processed but not purged.
4. P07210-pre payroll. Process the timecard created from step 3. Run all the payroll steps to create history.
5. Go back to ESS P051125-self service director /P051127-Employee Daily Time Entry and enter another timecard for the same pay type from step 1 but this time only enter 8 hours.
6. Error 'Hours Exceed Limit' is present even though at this time the total hours for this pay type is only 48.
7. Exit the ESS (employee self service) and go to P051121-speed time entry. Enter 8 hours for the same pay type from step 1. The same error is presented for this application as well.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document