E1: 34: R3483 MRP Generates Excess Order Message (PLO) Resulting In Excess Ending Availability When G and L Messages are Removed from UDC 34/MT
(Doc ID 2724121.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 29, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
R3483 MRP run generates excess planned order (PLO) messages when there is existing supply available to satisfy the demand resulting in excess ending inventory. This issue happens when message types G and L are removed from UDC 34|MT and item setup with Lot for lot, min order qty and order multiple quantity
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. P4101/P41026 - Setup an item (GPMRP-GL1) with the following MRP parameters
- Order policy code - 1, Planning fence rule - F, Min order qty = 50000 and Multiple order qty = 5000
2. P48013 - Create multiple work order supply with requested date on 6/12 and 1 future work order on 10/23 with total supply = 135598
3. P4210 - Create multiple future weekly forecast quantities with total demand = 64512
4. R3483 - Run MRP
5. P3413 - Observe MRP deferred existing work orders and also generated order messages (PLO) resulting in excess Ending inventory
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document