E1: 04: Work with Payment Groups (P04571) Incorrectly Does NOT Set Error 4566 “Invalid Action” When Undoing A Payment Group That Is In Next Status UPD
(Doc ID 2724972.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 02, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Accounts Payable - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to reset a payment group that is in WRT next status, Work with Payment Groups (P04571) correctly sets error 4566 – Invalid Action:
CAUSE . . . . The action you are attempting is invalid. You may only Print/Undo
Payments at a Write status or Update/Reset payments at an Update status.
RESOLUTION. . Retry with the correct action.
However, when trying to undo a payment group that is in UPD next status, P04571 incorrectly does not set error 4566 or any other error message, and both undoes and resets the payment group.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- P0411: create some vouchers for two suppliers and post them.
- Run R04570 for these vouchers so that it creates one payment group with 2 payments in it, one for each supplier.
- P04571: inquire on the payment group and notice its Next Status value, WRT.
- Drill down into the payment group so that the 2 payments are shown.
- Select one payment and chose row exit Undo. No errors should be set.
- Going back out to the main P04571 form, select the remaining payment and chose row exit Reset. P04571 should set error 4566 and it does.
- Write the payment group with the one remaining payment in it.
- P04571: inquire on the payment group and notice its Next Status value, UPD.
- Select the payment group and chose row exit Undo. P04571 should set error 4566 but doesn’t.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document