E1: 42: P4210 - When Originator Makes Changes After Sales Order Hold Has Passed Workflow Approval, System Sends Only One E-mail to Approver
(Doc ID 2726454.1)
Last updated on JULY 09, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After sales order going to hold and approved by approver via Workflow Approval, originator makes new changes and the order go on hold again. However, the approval receives only one e-mail notification to let know the order needs to be approved. As the system does when the order is first placed in hold, it should be two notifications.
1. E-mail notification - Subject: Held Order requires Your Approval - Work With Held Orders
2. E-mail notification - Subject: Approval Request for Sales Order Changes - Workflow Approval link included
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
a. P42090 – Set Hold Code
b. P4210 - Processing Option - Order Holds TAB - Option # 11- Set Hold Code
c. P4210 - Processing Option - Workflow TAB - Option #2 set to "1"
d. P4210 - Processing Options - Audit Log TAB - Option #1 set to "1'and Option #3 set to 1
e. Go to Web Development Client and make sure Workflow is ACTIVE
- P98800 – Inquire on JDESOENTRY Workflow
- P98800 – Inquire on JDESOCHNG
f. G02 - Employee Queue - E-mail setup for the approver
1. P4210 – Enter a new sales order, where the price is populated with the price from price (F4106) table. Save it! Order not placed on hold
2. P4210 - Go back to order and changes the price (From 150 to 165) and click green mark to save it.
3. P4210 - Order is placed on hold after the revision
4. Two E-mails notification sent to approver
- Held Order requires Your Approval - Work With Held Orders
- Approval Request for Sales Order Changes - Workflow Approval link included
5. The approver clicks on the link "Workflow Approval link included in the e-mail notification which shows the summary of changes in the order. This will take to EnterpriseOne login screen. The approver log in with their USerID/PWD
6. That will take the approver to Workflow Approval (P98805) application.
7. Click on green check mark (ok) to approve the order
8. P4210 – Originator goes back to the order and see, Qty and Price fields are now open for changes. Originator changes the price from $180.00 to $200.00. Save it!
9. See that, order went to hold again
10. The approver checks the e-mail inbox and see the new e-mail has been sent. At this time only one e-mail has been sent by system - Subject: Approval Request for Sales Order Changes, with Workflow Approval link included
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document