E1: 34: PRP Creates Unnecessary PLO After Changing Request Date (DRQJ) In Parts List And Planned Effective Date (DLEJ) In ETO Related Purchase order
(Doc ID 2727816.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 07, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Engineer to Order - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Demand (component in ETO related parts list) and supply (purchase quote order related with ETO parts list) are balanced. However, MRP creates extra planned order message for component. This issue happens when changing request date in parts list (DRQJ. F3111) and planned effective date in purchase quote order (DLEJ.F4311) from default date to another. Request date in parts list (DRQJ. F3111) and planned effective date in purchase quote order (DLEJ.F4311) are the same.
Steps to Replicate
- Setup BOM for 2 ETO manufactured items (stocking type G). They have 2 layer like Final item (G) > Work in process item (G) > purchased item (stocking type H)
- Item: RSGT10 > RSGT11 > RSGT11H
- Item: RSGT20 > RSGT21 > RSGT21H
- Add an ETO project (P31P001). Its end date is December 30, 2020.
- Insert 2 WO tasks under the ETO project. PJ#685695
- WO#1 for RSGT10. Its planned end date is December 11
- WO#2 for RSGT20. Its planned end date is December 14
- Run R3483
- Check MRP messages (P3411). There are 2 PLOs with order type WO. They are for WIP items; RSGT11 and RSGT21. Process them to add work orders.
- Attach parts list for these added 2 work orders
- For work order of RSGT11, request date of component; RSGT11H is December 11
- For work order of RSGT21, request date of component; RSGT21H is December 14
- Run R3483 again.
- Check MRP messages (P3411). 2 PLOs with order type OR (purchase order requisition) are created. Process these 2 PLOs and OR#39 and OR#40 are added. Before processing PLO messages, set P4310 named version of OR order in processing option of P3411.
- Release OR#39, #40 to create OQ (purchase order quote) orders (P43060/ZJDE0003).
- OQ# 8 generated from OR#39 is for RSGT11H
- OQ# 9 generated from OR#40 is for RSGT21H
- Change Planned Effective Date (DLEJ) of OQ#8 and 9
- OQ#8 (RSGT11H): change from.December 11 to December 24
- OQ#9 (RSGT21H): change from December 14 to December 25
- Change request dates in parts lists in conjunction with related purchase quote orders. Change request date from December 11 to December 24 for component RSGT11H in parts list of work order for RSGT11. Change request date from December 14 to December 25 for component RSGT21H in parts list of work order for RSGT21.
- Run R3483. Supply/Demand inclusion rule- MRP includes OQ order.
- Check MRP messages (P3411). Unexpected 2 PLOs for RSGT11H and RSGT21H are created again. This is the issue. They should not be created. Because supply orders; OQ orders have already existed.
- Supply/Demand Inquiry (P4021 sets MRP as supply/demand inclusion rule in the processing option) Supply quantity exceeds demand by PLO-OR.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!