E1: 32: Sales Update (R42800) Using Product Cost Detail for Configurator Creates Incorrect Journal Entries when Components are from Different Branch
(Doc ID 2728304.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 21, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Configurator - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a branch where Product Cost Detail is used in the Branch/Plant Constants (P41001), if a configured item has P or Q Assembly Inclusion Rule components that are issued from a different branch, the COGS (4220) and Inventory (4240) amounts will be incorrect in Sales Update (R42800).
1. In the Branch/Plant Constants, ensure that Product Cost Detail is active in branch D30.
2. In DMAAIs 4220 and 4240, set the record with the A1 cost type pointing to a specific account.
3. Create a Configured item in branch D30.
4. Create one purchased item in branch D30 and three purchased items in branch M30.
5. For all purchased items, create simulated costs (P30026) and frozen (R30835); make the cost of purchased item in D30 have a different cost than the items in M30.
6. Create Configured Item Segments (P3291) for the configured parent in branch D30.
7. Create P Assembly Inclusion Rules (P3293) for the configured parent calling the three purchased components from M30 and the one from D30.
8. Create a simple R Assembly Inclusion Rule (P3293) calling an item that uses a Work Center with frozen Work Center Rates.
9. Create a Sales Order (P4210) for the configured parent.
10. Run the R31410 over the related Work Order.
11. Review the Standard Amounts in the Production Cost Inquiry (P31022) for the Work Order. Note the total A1 Cost.
12. Complete the configured parent (P31114).
13. Confirm Shipment of the Sales Order (P4205).
14. Print Invoice (R42565) on the Sales Order.
15. Run the R42800 over the Sales Order; review the report and note that the 4220 and 4240 accounts are split, but the A1 portion only includes cost of the P item from the header branch (M30). The cost does not correspond to the A1 cost from the F3102.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document