E1: 07Y: Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) Box 14 Additional Issue
(Doc ID 2728404.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 07, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne US Payroll - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When you paid the employee with multiple Covid-19 pay types on the same pay period and have the pretax deduction. The taxable gross reported on box 14 for FFCRA is understated by the amount of the pretax deduction. The reason is that system is currently programmed to subtract out the pretax deduction per Covid pay types and didn't consider the total pretax deduction for the same pay period. For example, on 11/10/20, employee XYZ has two timecard for Covid pay types for the same pay period. Employee is sick with Covid thus the company is using the Federal sick leave wages subject to the $511 per day limit pay types 123 result in gross amount of $500 to pay the employee. On this same pay pay period, the employee has recovered but is now taken care of the family who is also sick with Covid. The company is now entering timecard for this employee with the Federal sick leave wages subject to the $200 per day limit pay type 234 result in $200. Box 14 is currently subtracting the $100 from both pay type 123 and pay type 234 and reporting $400 (500-100) under Federal sick leave wages subject to the $511 per day limit and $100 (200-100) under Federal sick leave wages subject to the $200 per day limit. System should only subtract out $100 pretax total since both pay types are in the same pay period.
- Create two different Covid pay type.
- create pretax DBA
- attach the pretax DBA to the employee
- Enter timecard for the 2 pay types from step 1 and paid on the same pay period.
- Run payroll for the timecards from step 2 thru final update.
- Create the Workfile build for 2020 year.
- special handle the covid pay pay types to box 14.
- Submit the W-2 workfile build.
- Review the W-2 box 14 for the FFCRA taxable information
- notice box 14 subtracts out the pretax DBA multiple times: one for each pay type instead of the total deduction thus understate the taxable gross for FFCRA
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document