E1: 07: Vertex 4.3.8 District of Columbia Paid Family Leave, Connecticut Paid Family and Medical (PFML), Eugene Oregon Community Safety Payroll Tax (CSPT)
(Doc ID 2730259.1)
Last updated on MARCH 24, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne US Payroll - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
What's New in Vertex Release 4.3.8?
District of Columbia Paid Family Leave
PTQ now calculates District of Columbia (DC) Paid Family Leave (PFL) withholding as expected:
• When the primary work location is DC, PTQ includes all wages in the primary work location in PFL withholding, but no wages from other work locations.
• When the primary work location is not the District of Columbia, PTQ does not calculate PFL withholding for DC.
Connecticut Paid Family and Medical Leave (CT PFML)
On June 25, 2019, Connecticut passed legislation to create a comprehensive Paid Family and Medical Leave (PFML) program that requires employers to provide their employees with paid leave.
Beginning January 1, 2021, employers whose employees work in the state must begin handling Connecticut PFML contributions.
Vertex added the eVprtTaxIDSMISC2EE form to enable you to calculate the CT PFML.
Eugene (Oregon) Community Safety Payroll Tax (CSPT)
On June 10, 2019, the Eugene City Council passed Ordinance 20616, the Community Safety Payroll Tax (CSPT), to provide long-term funding for community safety services. The payroll tax is effective with the first pay period beginning after January 1, 2021.
CSPT includes three components:
• Employer payroll tax
• Employee payroll tax
• Tax on self-employment earnings
Vertex supports the employer and employee taxes only, as follows:
• Employer payroll tax - Applied to wages paid by an employer with a physical address in the Eugene city limits
• Employee payroll tax - Applied to wages paid to an employee working at an employer located in the Eugene city limits
Both the employer and employee payroll taxes are imposed on the total wages paid by an employer with a physical address in the Eugene city limits.
Vertex Added the eVprtTaxIDLMISCEE form for employee portion and eVprtTaxIDLMISCER form for the employer portion of the CSPT tax.
9.2 ENH leg/reg bug 32176664
9.1 ENH leg/reg bug 32399981
Special instruction: After you have installed the JDE ESU along with Vertex 4.3.8, please run the following UBE:
1. Select OR in P07500 and Run R07500.
2. Run R07940. You should have the total of 270 records in the F07940 table
3. Run R0701730. You should have the total of 3055 records in the F0701730 table.
For setup of the new tax types, please see Doc ID 2749546.1 How to Setup Connecticut PFL & Eugene Oregon CSPT New From Vertex 4.3.8
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document