E1: 34: Supply and Demand Inquiry - P4021 Shows Blank Promise Date for MRP Messages Created for Co Products
(Doc ID 2731157.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using process manufacturing items, MRP messages generated against the Co Product are showing both Effective Date and Recommended Effective Date buckets as blank in the MRP/MPS Detail Messages - P3411, which leads to incorrect results being displayed in P4021 screen because the system considers all planned messages with a blank Promise Date.
In addition, the MRP time series display negative values in the = EA quantity bucket.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- P4101 / P41026 - Create process item (Stk Ty = R, Ln Ty = S), Co Product (Stk Ty = M, Ln Ty = S) in both supply and demand B/Ps and one ingredient (Stk Ty = P, Ln Ty = S)
- P3003 - Create routing steps for process item
- P3002 - Create BOM for process item
- P3002P – Define the manufacturing process output - define Co (& By) Products
- P3404 - Define the Planning table for mfg process output
- P3403T – Define the Branch Relationship with Availability Checking = ON ( 1 )
- P41202 - OH quantity = 100 EA in supplying B/P
- P3460 - Define 3 forecast records for Co Product in demand B/P:
Requested Date: August 13, current year; Forecast Quantity = 1000
Requested Date: December 24, current year; Forecast Quantity = 700
Requested Date: January 4, next year; Forecast Quantity = 500
- BV: R3483 - Data select process mfg items and both supplying and demand B/Ps
- P3411 - MRP messages are correct, except for the Order message generated against the Co Product for the OT order triggered for a Required Quantity of 100 E; both Effective and Recommended Effective Dates are blank
- P4021 - Promise Date of the planned OT order type is blank in the demand B/P
- P4313 - Time series in demand B/P are showing negative values for the =EA quantity type during the whole planning horizon
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document