E1: 42B: P42101 Update on Order Header Blanks Out Payment Terms on Kit Component Lines
(Doc ID 2740444.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 29, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A Sales order is created with Payment Terms (PTC) populated for a Kit item where the Kit components are non-stock. When going back into the order using P42101 - Update Sales Order and changing something on the existing detail lines everything is updated correctly.
However when changing something on the header using P42101 and then going to the order detail then the payment terms for the component lines are blanked out. Since blank is not a valid value for the payment terms error 0130 - Payment terms code invalid - is issued and the changes cannot be confirmed. This happens only when using the P42101, and works fine using P4210.
Steps to Duplicate:
1. Create a Kit that has 2 components with non-stock lines
2. P0014 Make sure Payment terms are set up without a Blank value
3. P42101: Enter an order and enter payment terms to be a non-blank value on header. Note: the payment terms default into the detail grid and are written to the F4211 for both the parent and comp lines
4. P42101 Re-inquire on order and change something on the order detail like the quantity
5. Click Submit and Note that paymenty terms remain populated on all lines
6. P42101 Re-inquire on order and update order header like adding a customer PO
7. Click Save and back on Detail screen the Payment terms are blanked out for the component lines and error 0130 – Payment terms code Invalid is issued
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document