E1: 12: Running User Defined Depreciation (R12855) With Flex Accounting Over an Asset Having Expense Account With PEC = S It Creates Balances By Subledger In F1202 Table
(Doc ID 2747398.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Fixed Assets - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running the User Defined Depreciation (R12855) set with # 6.Flex Accounting = 1 to Use flex accounting, over an asset defined with expense account having PEC = S, the UBE is creating balances by subledger into the F1202 Asset Account Balances File table. The expectation is that for an account having PEC = S, no balances by subledger to be created in the F1202 table.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to P0901 Account Master and set an account with PEC = S, for Subledger and type to be required for all transactions, and to post transactions in Summary format for every transaction.
2. Go to P1204 and define a new asset, and under the tab Additional Info define the Tax Entity (TXJS) for it.
3. Go to P12002 Work With Depreciation Defaults and try setting a Depreciation Default Coding for a specific account with the Default Expense Account having PEC = S, and notice the system is throwing an error.
4. Go to P1204 Work with Assets, select the asset from the grid, then go to P1202 Depreciation Information to set the depreciation information for that asset, and succeed to set for the Depreciation Expense Account that account having PEC = S.
5. Go to P0911 and enter some JE transactions on the accounts, for subledger type A and various subledger values, and enter also the Serial Number for the asset on each transaction line.
6. Go to P0011 and post the G batch GL, then check on the transactions created on G/L that have been posted summarized, from F0911 table to F0902 table.
7. Then go to P12102 Work With Unposted Entries and post the G batch to Fixed Assets and notice the JEs have been posted Summarized, from F0911 table to F1202 table.
8. Go to P0911 and enter a JE on the cost account used by the asset, then post the JE to F0902 and then to F1202, to have am amount on the cost account of the asset to be used for the depreciation processing.
9. Go to G16 > Advanced Cost Accounting > System Setup > Advanced Cost Accounting Constants > P1609 Advanced Cost Accounting Constants - Enter/Change Cost Management constants and double-check the Advanced Cost Accounting constants are activated on the system, then go to P0901 and double-check on the Advanced Cost Accounting rules for the Expense account having PEC = S.
10. Go to P40296 Work With Flexible Sales Accounts and set the Flexible Sales Account rule to flex on subledger type A for the company and the expense account, with Subledger = X, File Name = F1201 and Data Item = TXJS (Tax Entity of the asset).
11. Go to Batch versions and set the Processing Options and Data Selection to be used for running R12855 over the new asset and set under tab Process the # 6.Flex Accounting = 1 to Use flex accounting.
12. Go to F1202 to check on the transactions created by the R12855 depreciation processing and notice it has created transactions by subledger on the depreciation expense account.
13. Go to F0911 to check on the transactions created by the R12855 depreciation processing and notice it has created transactions by subledger on the depreciation expense account.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document