E1: 34: R3483 Material Requirements Planning (MRP) Creates Decrease (L) Messages With Negative Quantity
(Doc ID 2750307.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 09, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
R3483 Requirements Planning (MRP/DRP) creates Decrease (L) messages to reduce the Order to a negative quantity (example: Requested Qty = -2). When a Past Due Order is Deferred from a date that is prior to a Frozen Order to a new date after the Frozen Order and the Frozen Order is for excess supply a Decrease To Negative Qty Message is given. The Order should be Deferred to a later date or Canceled, it should not give a Message to reduce to a Negative Qty.
To duplicate this issue:
- Enter Beginning Inventory (Example 20).
- Enter Demand in current periods (Example 100).
- Enter a Past Due Supply WO (Example 5 on Date A).
- Enter a future Supply WO that exceeds the Demand on it's date and Freeze the order (Example 97 on Date B).
- Enter future Demand in multiple time buckets such that the 97 is consumed 2 or 3 buckets later (Example 2 on Date C, and 5 on Date D).
- The set up should drive the past due order to Defer to the later dates.
- Run R3483.
- Review the Messages and confirm a Decrease Order to Negative (L) is given (Example -15).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!