E1: 32: Performance Using Asterisk (*) Wildcard in Configured Item Segments (P3291)
(Doc ID 2751169.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 23, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Configurator - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In an environment where multiple records (i.e. > 1 million) exist in the Configured Item Segments (F3291) table, when an Asterisk (*) is used in the Skip to Branch/Plant field and filtering on one 2nd Item Number, the system can take more than 2 minutes to find the records. However, if a specific branch is entered in the Skip to Branch/Plant field, the system returns the record immediately.
1. Create a configured item in the Item Master and Item Branch (P4101/P41026).
2. In Work with Configured Items (P3291), take the form exit to Segment.
3. Create Configured Item Segments with Branch Plant blank (generic) for the configured item.
4. Re-inquire on Work with Configured Items (P3291, form W3191K). In the Skip to Branch/Plant, enter asterisk (*) and enter the configured item in the 2nd Item Number field.
5. Click on the Find button; in an environment with multiple records in the F3291, the system will take a long time to display the grid records: one for generic Branch/Plant and one for the Branch Plant.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document