E1: 32: Configured Item Revision (P3210) Fails to Display C Assembly Inclusion Rule's Segment Answers Using Segment References Between 2 Branch Plants
(Doc ID 2755200.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 25, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Configurator - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When having a configured child set in a B/P different than the SO Header Branch Plant and defining a C AIR with calculated formula in the Derived Calculation field of that item, the system triggers the following hard error for the corresponding segment in the P3210 screen during configured sales order detail line creation:
Error: Non-Numeric data in numeric field
Cause. . . . . An alpha numeric value was entered into a segment designated as numeric.
Resolution . . Remove the alpha characters from the segment value. Valid characters for a numeric field include, 0 thru 9, commas and decimal points.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- define 3 different configured items (Stk Ty = C, Ln Ty = W)
cfg item 1 in B/P "A"
cfg item 2 in B/P "B"
cfg item 3 in B/P "C"
- define segments for cfg items
cfg item 1 - segment 10 - Required, default Value = 1
cfg item 2 - segment 100 - Calculated, Code Num = Y
cfg item 3 - segment 101 - Calculated, Code Num = Y
- define an unconditional P AIR for cfg item 1 to call cfg item 2
- define an unconditional P AIR for cfg item 2 to call cfg item 3
- define an unconditional C AIR for cfg item 2 (for segment 100) and set the Derived Calculation field to 999
- define an unconditional C AIR for cfg item 3, for segment 101 and reference the segment 100 of cfg item 2: Derived Calculation field set to e.g. " S100=Cfg item 2= "
- create a SO for top parent cfg item 1 in B/P "A"
- In the P3210 screen notice the "Error: Non-Numeric data in numeric field". The Segment Answer is populated with the Configurator Error Character (e.g. ! ).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document