E1: 30: ECO Related Items Window - P30131 Changes the Unit of Measure (UOM) from the Unit on the Bill of Material (BOM) to the Item Master Component UOM
(Doc ID 2758353.1)
Last updated on JUNE 03, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Product Data Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When doing an ECO (P48020) to Swap Component the Unit of Measure (UOM) used on the Bill of Material (BOM) is changed to the Component UOM defined in the Item Master. For example when the Component UOM = KG and the UOM on the BOM is GM then the expectation is that the UOM on the BOM will be retained and not set to the Item Master Component UOM. The P30131 Related Item Search and Select opens initially with the BOM UOM (GM) but changes it to the Component UOM (KG) without converting the quantity. If this change is not corrected by the user then R30510 ECO Update will push the incorrect UOM to the F3002 BOM record. The UOM from the BOM should be retained in P30131 unless the user manually changes it.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Set up a Parent item with UOM = EA
- Set up 2 Component Items with Primary UOM = GM and Component UOM = KG
- Set up P3002 BOM with Component defined in Quantity per GM
- Use ECO P48020 with Part List set to Swap Component
- Use row exit to Related Items P30131 to related the Parent for the Swap
- Note the related UOM is from the BOM
- Click OK to select the item
- Review the form and note the UOM is now from the Component UOM
- Click save and note that the UOM looks correct even though it is not
- Click Save then update the BOM by running R30510 and confirm the UOM is corrupted in the F3002 record.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!