E1: 42: Quantity exceeds available (Error ID 2816E) and Zero Kit Parent Release (Error ID 42B28) Displayed When Releasing Backordered Kit in Backorder Release - Online (P42117) with Include Backorder Quantity as Available Quantity Active
(Doc ID 2758711.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer is using Backorder Release - Online (P42117) to release a backordered quantity for a kit parent. In P42117, the Backorder Quantity as Available Quantity processing option indicates 1, Include Backorder Quantity as Available Quantity. Item Availability (P41202) for the kit components shows quantity on backorder and quantity on hold in secondary locations.
When attempting to release quantity in P42117, the following errors display:
Quantity exceeds available (Error ID 2816E)
Zero Kit Parent Release (Error ID 42B28)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- In P4210, create sales order for kit parent with commitment processing active for a quantity that exceeds the quantity available for the kit components.
- Verify the sales order is on backorder and all kit component lines show backordered.
- In P42117 set Backorder Quantity as Available to 1.
- In Item Availability review each kit component. Verify the Quantity On Hold is not zero.
- In P42117, inquire on the order. Select the order and indicate 1 quantity.
- Errors Quantity exceeds available and Zero Kit Parent Release are displayed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document