E1: UBE: All UBEs with Print Immediate Option On Go to Error Status and Cause Zombie Processes If Submitted on PCL or LINE Printer on 64 Bit 126.96.36.199 AIX Platform
(Doc ID 2760523.1)
Last updated on MARCH 19, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
IBM AIX on POWER Systems (64-bit)
All UBEs, that are submitted with print immediate option on, are going zombie and appear in Error Status in WSJ(Work with submitted Jobs ) Application. This issue occurs only if the printer is either PCL or LINE printer type. Issue does not occur if Printer is a Post Script Printer. Report definition Jobs are affected as well and cause Zombie XMLP kernel.
This issue may be replicated using following steps :
- Login to JDE web client and type BV in fast path to open Batch versions application.
- Find R0006P -Business Report and select any version for submission.
- On Printer Selection screen ensure that a PCL or LINE printer is selected. Also Ensure that Print Immediate Option is checked in Documents Tab.
- Submit the Job on AIX server which runs using 188.8.131.52 64 Bit Tools Release.
- Notice the job ends with Error Status.
- From Server Manager we can see that UBE process has gone to Zombie.
- Repeat the steps but use a Post Script Printer instead of PCL or LINE printer and notice that Job completes successfully.
UBE debug log will end abruptly with below messages as the last lines in the file
Upgrade to Tools Release 184.108.40.206 64 Bit
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document