E1: 49: Orphaned Shipments are Created Without a Link to a Sales Order (P4210) if Routed and Item is Backordered
(Doc ID 2761807.1)
Last updated on MARCH 18, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Transportation Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A shipment is being created without sales order detail lines when the routing selection is made during sales order entry and the quantity is changed to a value that places the order line on backorder. This causes an orphaned shipment number without any details. This occcurs when the customer billing instructions are setup to not allow partial shipments or partial order shipments.
STEPS TO DUPLICATE:
1. Setup a customer with partial shipments and partial order shipments turned off in the customer billing instructions.
2. Create a new item and adjust in a partial quantity of 2 using the P4114.
3. Activate availability checking in the version of the P4210 used to create the sales order.
4. Enter a new TMS sales order using the P4210. Initially enter a quantity of 2 on the order line (enough available) and take the form exit to routing options.
5. Select a valid route. Note that a shipment number is seen in the P4980.
6. After selecting the rout, user is brought back into the sales order detail line and change the quantity to 4. The warning messages quantity exceeds what’s available and backordered shipment sequencing lines are received. Click ok to save the order.
7. Verify on the sales order detail that no shipment is assigned.
8. Go into the P4915 and query by the shipment number seen in the P4980. A record is found. If the row exit to shipment detail is taken, no detail exist. This is an orphaned shipemnt.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document