E1: 42: Tax Rate Area Is Not Defaulting on Sales Order Header (P4210) in Add Mode when Alternate Tax Is Enabled
(Doc ID 2761976.1)
Last updated on MARCH 19, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If the Alternate Tax Rate/Area is enabled in the company constants and a sales order is entered for a customer that does not have an alternate tax rate/area set, then at sales order entry the tax rate/area is not defaulting from Customer Master. Only the explanation code is defaulted. Reinquiry on the sales order header after it has been created, the tax rate/area is correctly added.
1. P0010: Enable Alternate Tax Rate/Area for a company
2. P03013: Define the tax explanation code and Tax Rate/Area for a customer.
3. P40081: No Alternate Tax Rate/Area is set for data used by sales order.
4. P4210: Enter header information for a sales order using the above customer and B/P and press OK. A warning message appears stating that Alternate Tax Rate/Area is not defined.
This is fine because it is a warning statement that is true for this customer.
Note that the default tax rate/area set for the customer in Customer Master is not retrieved, only the explanation code is defaulted.
5. Leave the tax rate/area blank and press OK.
6. Reinquiry on the sales order header after it has been created, the tax rate/area is defaulted from Customer Master.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document