E1: 42: Sales Update (R42800) Incorrectly Flags Account Ledger Records (F0911) for Non Stock Items as Inventory Items (GPF1 = 1)
(Doc ID 2763118.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 19, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A sales order is entered with a non stock Item (Stocking Type = N, Line Type = N.)
The inventory interface on the Line Type = N
When Sales Update is run, the F0911 record for the cost of the non stock item is created with a "1" in the GPF1 field , which indicates that this is an inventory item.
This causes a problem with the Inventory to G/L Reconciliation process, as there are F0911 entries flagged as inventory items, but non stock items do not have F4111 (Item Ledger) entries.
Steps to Duplicate:
- Have a non stock item, Freight, which uses Line Type N with Inventory Interface of N.
- In Sales Order Entry (P4210) create a sales order for stock items with one line for Freight. The line type is N.
- Run the order through Sales Update, R42800.
- Observe that the F0911 record created for the cost of the Freight has the GPF1 flag populated with a value of 1, which indicates that this is an inventory item.
- This causes problems with the inventory to G/L reconciliation process, as the F0911 record is treated as an inventory transaction, but no cardex record is created as the item is non stock.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document