E1: 32: Invalid Value Error in Configured Item Revisions (P3210) with C Assembly Inclusion Rule Using an Else Statement and Referencing a Parent's Segment
(Doc ID 2764119.1)
Last updated on MARCH 29, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Configurator - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a child configured item has a C Assembly Inclusion Rule with an else statement that references a configured parent, the Configured Item Revisions will end in the following errors:
Error: Invalid Value
The error can occur even if all related segments are linked to the same UDC.
If the else statement is removed from the C Assembly Inclusion Rule, the Invalid Value error does not appear, and the order can be configured.
1. In the Item Master (P4101) and Item Branch (P41026), create a parent and child configured items.
2. In the parent's Configured Item Segments (P3291), create an optional segment 610 that references a UDC (note: the UDC should not have blank as a valid option).
3. In the parent's P Assembly Inclusion Rule (P3293), add an unconditional rule to call the configured child.
4. In the child's Configured Items Segments (P3291), add one optional segment (Seg 1) and one calculated segment (Seg 610); link both segments to the UDC from step 2.
5. In the child's C Assembly Inclusion Rule (P3293), create the following:
If Parent Segment 610 EQ YT Segment Item Left parent
Then Segment 610 EQ YT
Else Segment 610 EQ Derived Calculation Segment
6. Create a Sales Order for the configured parent (P4210).
7. When the system calls the P3210, notice that the system immediately displays the following errors:
Error: Invalid Value
8. Use the drop-down in the parent's optional segment as well as the child's option segment (both linked to the same UDC); select the answer from the UDC and click Validate Configuration.
Notice that the system updates the child calculated segment, however the system is unable to clear the errors.
9. Return to the child's C Assembly Inclusion Rule and clear the else statement.
10. Test a new Sales Order for the configured parent and notice that the system does not display the errors.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document