E1: 42: New Tax Rate / Area for Canadian Province does not Calculate Tax on Sales Orders
(Doc ID 2765399.1)
Last updated on APRIL 01, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The customer created a new tax rate area which will go into effect as of April 1, 2021. When creating sales orders, the order is not taxed. A review of the order via Online Invoice, Invoice Print (R42565), and Sales Update shows no tax is calculated on the order. The new tax rate closely matches the setup for another working tax rate.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- In P4008 create a new tax rate/area (SNEW) for a total amount of 12%
- In Sales Order Entry (P4210) create a sales order for a customer in company 00077 using the newly created tax rate/area and tax explanation code V.
- Order acceptance is active in the P4210 version.
- In the Order Acceptance form (P42232) no tax is calculated but the tax rate of 12% displays.
- Process the order through Invoice Print, R42565. No tax is shown on the order.
- Process the order through sales update, R42800. No tax is calculated on the resulting invoice.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document